Sunday, October 16, 2011

Shipment

Yay!  My shipment finally arrived (after having been packed up at my apartment in Charlottesville July 18th)!  I was getting super jealous and pouty because my roommates, and everyone else at the school it seemed, had already gotten theirs!  There were a few things in my shipment that would have been very helpful on my Nepal trip, but oh well.  I arrived back in Dhaka on Saturday night, got my shipment on Sunday night. 

My favorite part of the whole thing was this story... When I got home, the trucks were already waiting outside for me.  I flagged them down, "Hi everyone!  This is my stuff!  I'm here now!  You can bring it upstairs!" etc...  The man in charge walks up to me and says, "Hello maadam.  You are Ms. DePoy? *looking a little confused* You are looking very slim."  "Oh, well... thanks."  "It's just that you are looking fat in the picture they gave us, but now you are looking very slim."  Bahahaha... Oh Bangladeshis... so honest.

But my room is looking very homey now.  And our house is coming together!  Much brighter than the original white everything and tacky couches we started with at the beginning of the year.  You can look back at one of my first posts for the Before shots.

All my stuff!  Doesn't look like that much stuff when it's all boxed up.

Tia, loving the new setup.  What a cutie!

I think she loved this huge pile of paper even more though.  She played in and around this pile for hours.

Starting to come together!  Just need to hang some pictures!





3 comments:

  1. I really like it!
    Why/when did they think you looked fat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not Anonymous.. it is Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH I cannot win. ^^^^^^^ ALL of the above comments belong to your sister Amanda.

    ReplyDelete