Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Events in Between...

So, I realize that I'm a little late on this post, as Christmas is now only 7 days away... but I'm writing about Thanksgiving anyway!

This year I ended up being invited to four different Thanksgiving dinners.  My roommate and I's original plan was to dinner hop, pacing ourselves, eating just a little at each place: appetizers at one place, small dinner at the next, seconds at the next, and dessert at the last... Seemed like a great idea in theory; however, our plan failed.  The first dinner was so delicious and the company so lovely, we had no motivation to leave!  It was really great!

Beautiful table setting filled with delicious food!


Mmmm... right before I devoured all of it.


Fun people!!

Now... on to Christmas!  Things in Dhaka, have been much more festive than I ever imagined it would be!  So far, we've had holiday parties, Christmas picnics, Christmas music, secret santa week at school, parties at school, Love Actually, Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Muppet Christmas Carol, etc...  Even Christmas lights!!  Haha... ok, so they're not Christmas lights... Luckily for us, it is wedding season in Bangladesh!  As a tradition (at least with the wealthy Bangladeshis that live in our neighborhood), families cover their entire home or apartment building, as well as the entire street, with lights.  This past weekend, there were at least four weddings within a few streets of each other.  A few nights ago, we went out, walked around, and pretended they were all up for Christmas! 

Roomie Love <3






I'm sad I won't be home for Christmas this year and miss my family a lot, but it will help somewhat that I will be in Malaysia on a beach somewhere.  My roommate, Kajori, and I are meeting a friend of hers there.  We'll be there from the 23rd until the 3rd.  I am excited to spend a week with such fun girls!  Finally, I'll leave you our sweet Intern Christmas card!  MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!


1 comment:

  1. Here’s a great website you’ll love. Over 1000 of the best websites for teachers and students. Check out the tab for methods and strategies to find great technology projects for kids of all ages. Teachers love this site!
    www.dazzleonadime.com

    ReplyDelete