Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Home Sweet Home

 I live with the two other interns, Kajori, the HS Health, Sciences, and Physical education intern, and Konrad, the MS Humanities intern.  Kajori's dad is Bengali.  Her parents met here in Dhaka when here mom was a teacher at AISD.  She lived her until she was 10 and she lived here last year.  She has been great to guide us places and introduce us to people!  Konrad is an anthropology major from CA!  People around here make a lot of "3's Company" references and jokes about us, haha!  So far, we're all getting along really well!   I really like them both!  We're all pretty laid back people!  We have similar food interests and design taste.  Because we have Misti, there's no arguing about who cooks, or does dishes, or who's too messy!  We've agreed on a color scheme for our living/dining room area day too!  So far the apartment is super white and terrible, but it's gonna look really good, I know it!  Consider these the BEFORE pictures:

Construction right outside my window all the time is a little downfall of the place.... And the cockroaches (only seen 2 so far and killed 50% of them)... The geckos in my room are pretty cool!















My apartment building!

My room, as I found it. The walls will be a coffee color, with red curtains so imagine it prettier.

Still my room.  Huge closets!  My own bathroom!

Our kitchen... basically it's Misti's kitchen.  She rocks!

Dinning room!  Imagine yellow walls and red curtains!

Living room!  Imagine a bright green wall, red curtains, and those ugly couches covered in navy!

Oh!  And we're cat sitting!  Meet Jovi.  We love her :)


No comments:

Post a Comment